Friday, October 9, 2009

Arriving at Quilt Market

I had to get up at 3:30 AM to get on my plane from Moline to Memphis then to Houston. This woman got on the plane in Moline -- and she was at the gate in memphis ACTUALLY QUILTING. SO, of course, I had to sit down and find out what her story is...there is a very interesting story behind that quilt she's working on. But I have to wait a coupla days before I "go public". But I promise -- YOU'LL BE THE FIRST TO KNOW.
And here I am, having a visit with Elvis...


As I was walking down a long corridor of the Memphis airport, a woman came up behind me and said, "Hey, Rita!" I turned to say hello -- and was pretty sure I'd never seen her before. She laughed and said, "well, that's what your bag says"...

More about Quilt Market tomorrow. I took a few pictures of the booths BEFORE they get all beautified...

It's just not possible to understand HOW MUCH WORK IT IS to set up a big show...



No comments:

Post a Comment