Friday, February 1, 2013

Two Hot Fuser Chicks

With JUST A MONTH TO GO -- Things are happening so fast and furious -- Ann is uploading a lot of new project photos up on the online registration system -- and I've been trying to do interviews with teachers and attendees to post their information on the website, in the upcoming newsletter, use on Facebook, etc.

Ann was looking for some new pictures of Laura and Frieda -- and it JUST SO HAPPENS I had a conversation that morning with Frieda -- who was at the airport on her way to a show in Pennsylvania...



It would be great if we could convey the beauty of their hand-dyed fabrics...but pictures just don't do them justice. Laura and Frieda use a different technique -- instead of buckets -- they dye the fabric FLAT -- so the colors blend into each other...

Both Laura and Frieda will be giving away one of their patterns WITH the hand-dyed fabric kit.

The techniques they use to create art quilts are perfect for Nancy's favorite sewing past-time -- LANDSCAPE QUILTING...here they are after an appearance on Sewing with Nancy...

They also use the fusible web in a very different way. AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO REVERSE THE DESIGN...!!

When paper backed fusible web first came on the scene (yes, I am THAT old) -- we were told to leave the paper on, then trace the design on the PAPER - remember? Which meant, of course, that you always had to reverse the design...

I AM SO EXCITED about the 2013 Quilter's Night OUT...Thanks again, Nancy, for recommending them to us! They'll also be teaching a Two-Needle Class on Sunday morning.

Barb E. sent this email, "Two years ago I took a class from Laura and it changed the way I sew. I've been using fusible web for 20 years, but I have NEVER thought about using it her way. That workshop was a big AH-HA moment for me. I'm so excited about the Two Hot Fuser Chicks."


WE ARE, TOO...!! AND Janome is the official sponsor this year -- and you've gotta love their slogan...BELIEVE IN YOUR CREATIVITY...
Stay tuned to this blog -- there will be NEW ANNOUNCEMENTS every day for the next week or so...

(Then, hopefully, I'll  take a break to get my sewing done!)...

No comments:

Post a Comment