Friday, February 8, 2013

Zebra is the New Black

You KNOW HOW HOOKED I AM on zebra stripes. Although I keep thinking I'm going to get over it -- zebra continues to be a joyful part of my life...

And it goes way beyond fashion...as you know -- I love it for HOME DEC...

Little sofas look great when wrapped in zebra...

I wear it and write about it so much -- people give me many wonderful ZEBRA GIFTS...

And these two women -- Bonne Swett and Jan Potter -- the "Inspired 2 Sew" duo -- gave me the BEST GIFT ever...

The Hey Rita TOTE -- the words say, ZEBRA STRIPES...WOW...

That was the year we did the recycled denim challenge...which, of course, I paired with ZEBRA and some t-shirt fringe to tone it down a bit...

Obviously, I cannot stop myself...

It's everywhere...in bedrooms, bathrooms, on rugs,

And it always circles back to the Hey Rita tote...!!

And I get so many wonderful comments from people -- wearing zebra stripes always makes me smile...

SO WHY DON'T WE ALL DO IT???!! Did I tell you my cousin Jackie is coming to the show this year? FROM OKLAHOMA CITY...I've gotta get her to wear some zebra...her family will not believe it...
JOIN IN THE FUN...BECAUSE THERE WILL BE A ZEBRA-STRIPE CHALLENGE THIS YEAR, PEOPLE. How about FRIDAY??

It's long overdue...

5 comments:

  1. Alas, I have no zebra in my closet! What to do, what to do....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No zebra in my closet either, but every time I see zebra fabric, I think of you, Rita. I want to play...this should be fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found some ZEBRA......soooooo what are the ground rules.....anything goes????

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK... WHAT Is the challenge anyhow Rita... it's less
    than 2 weeks to Expo and we have not directions.
    I'd love to play along but don't know what to do, so
    in the mean time I'm sewing pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're waiting with bated breath . . . more details, please!

    ReplyDelete