Monday, October 31, 2011

Quilt Market

This week -- we were all busy doing the FINAL EDITS for the Registration Brochure. Well, at least most of the seminars were picked and the initial grids have been built. We have SO MANY EXCITING CLASSES to pick from -- it's always hard to make the final selections. And we have some new speakers and vendors -- it'll be fun to introduce you to them in the coming months...

As I write this -- I am NOT in Houston at the International Quilt Market. But thousands of people from the sewing industry ARE...at the George R. Brown convention center...

Everybody who is anybody is in Houston this week....I usually work in the Schmetz Needles booth -- it's a great opportunity for me to touch base with our speakers and vendors. Here's a picture of Luveta Nickels at her booth last year...

And in 2009 -- I had lunch with Eleanor Burns to talk about her Quilter's Night OUT...

Lynn Browne from Coats & Clark -- we enjoy brainstorming the new twists to the Coats & Clark Charity event on Sunday morning...(the spear in her hand is actually the Schmetz Super Needle)

I am laughing with Eileen Roche of Designs in Machine Embroidery Magazine -- and Rhonda Pierce from Schmetz...as I write this -- they're both in Houston...WITHOUT ME...

This picture from the Moda booth (two years ago) gave me a great idea...

Wouldn't it be fun to set up one of those 'PHOTO BOOTHS" at the show this year? Since we have a "Sewing Sisters" theme -- you may want a souvenir pic, eh? My sister Deb is coming... aa RARE OCCASION...I'd love to have a picture of us...

Do you know anything about setting up a Photo Booth? Email me... ritafar@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment