Monday, October 17, 2011

My Newest SEWIST

This is a picture of a piece of homemade Shoofly pie. It could just possibly be the most delicious thing I've eaten this year. And believe me -- I'VE EATEN A LOT OF DELICIOUS FOOD IN THE LAST 12 MONTHS...

The baker of this delicious pie was my friend Kathy Keefer. We were visiting John's family in Pennsylvania -- and while John is golfing I always look forward to spending a day with Kathy. She is the BEST COOK I know. Her baked goods are legendary....

But the most exciting thing is that Kathy just STARTED TO SEW!! Here's a picture of the curtains she made for her bedroom....(out of an old bedskirt)...

And the cute new curtains for her kitchen...

GREAT JOB, KATHY!!!

Kathy was so delighted with her newfound creative sewing skills -- it made me realize how lucky I am. Because I have always loved to sew. And sewing is one of the few things I can think of that only brings joy...

And -- HEY -- it's not fattening...

Really. It is the PERFECT HOBBY...

And you should invite your sewing buddies -- from wherever they are -- if they're experienced sewers or newbies -- TO SEW EXPO...Mark your calendar...March 1-4, 2012...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment