Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Sewing Sisterhood

I believe that sewing makes me a better person. I'm not kidding. I also believe that women who sew are the most giving, generous people in the world today. We sew mostly so we can MAKE THINGS for the people we love...

And you don't have to be biologically connected to be a Sewing Sister...Mary Mulari is the reason I know this for sure...And it seems to me that the Sewing & Stitchery Expo has always brought sewing sisters together....like our friends the Inspired2Sew duo -- Jan and Bonne

Here I am again with the Ya Ya Stalking Sisters....Chris and Judy...



There are sewing sisters ALL OVER THE SHOW...
Sometimes -- LARGE GROUPS of sewing sisters -- coming from another continent, even...

And two of the show favorites -- Helen and Wendy. Who come together in Puyallup every year, even though Wendy now lives in North Carolina (I think...)

Next year -- for the first time -- I've been bugging my ACTUAL SISTERS...Deena sews, and so does Ronda. They would SEW LOVE EXPO...and we could stay at Gail's condo in Tacoma...we would have such a great time!!

But I'm pretty sure DEB IS THE ONLY ONE COMING...she already has some friends in Nashville who come every year...



And she has been embroidering my Expo jackets for several years now...For the 2012 show -- we'll have to make some look-a-like outfits...

THIS IS GOING TO BE SO MUCH FUN...

Send me your sewing-sister-stories! I'd love to write about you and what brings you to Sew Expo!! ritafar@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment