Laura had a great idea! NEWBIE TIPS.
HERE are Rita Farro's Top Ten SewExpo TIPS:
- Wear comfortable shoes. If you're doing it right -- you will walk miles and miles...
- Have your class schedule print-out handy -- maybe in a side pocket of your totebag.
- Oh yeah -- BRING A BIG TOTEBAG. Remember -- we do not provide totebags. AND we are having a TOTEBAG CHALLENGE. Go to the Creative DRAWings booth -- and enter to win $799 embroidery software!!
- CHECK OUT THE FREE STYLE SHOW SCHEDULE. Remember -- on the Expo Runway -- on Thursday, Friday and Saturday -- there are SIX FREE FASHION SHOWS every day. It's a great place to go and sit in a comfy chair for a bit...(the Expo Runway is upstairs, in the Pavilion).
- Make sure your cellphone is fully charged. It's the #1 way to hook up with your people -- but it doesn't do you any good if the battery is dead...
- Carry your credit card and/or cash -- in a small "neckpurse". The easier it is to get to it -- the better off you'll be. The booths get very busy during the class breaks, and you don't want to spend time fumbling for your credit card or money.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE BAG CHECK. It's conveniently located between the Pavilion and the Showplex. You DON'T NEED TO CARRY YOUR PACKAGES AROUND ALL DAY LONG.
- If you want it -- BUY IT WHEN YOU SEE IT. Remember, our vendors ship their merchandise in for this show -- and when it's gone, it's usually "gone". In many cases, they only printed or produced a certain number. They use Sew Expo to market their newest and latest patterns and books...the hot items ALWAYS SELL OUT...
- Pack some healthy snacks but do save room for some Fischer Scones. I mean -- IT'S SEW EXPO!!
- Another great place to take a sit-break is the Free Stage. Located in the Showplex -- there is a different presentation every hour -- and you just might accidentally learn something!
- Did I already say -- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES? (it would have been 10 tips if I had left out the Fisher Scones tip...I mean...really??)