Monday, August 30, 2010

Who Are You?

On the first day of Expo -- in one of those accidental meetings that happens all the time -- I had a nice visit with this woman...note the front of the jacket she's wearing...

As I recall, she was meeting a friend -- and had a bag of sewing projects to share...

I was completely BLOWN AWAY by the caliber of her sewing -- which was phenomenal...

I believe she was attending a musical event on Sunday -- which was the reason she made this awesome jacket:

AND, YES -- this is the BACK of the jacket she was wearing when I first bumped into her. (before I insisted she TRY EVERYTHING ON SO I COULD TAKE PICTURES)...

And, finally -- my personal favorite -- THE PEACOCK JACKET. Oh My Goodness.
I wanted to honor your effort, your designs, your embroidery skills. But I didn't know your name. And I swtarted thinking about how many women with incredible sewing skills come to Expo -- and we never really find out who they are, either. It's no surprise that I lost your name -- the real surprise is that I managed to keep track of THESE GREAT PICTURES.

I apologize for not knowing your name -- but, on this day, I am using your projects to honor EVERY WOMAN WHO COMES TO EXPO to learn more about this hobby we all love...

You are all awesome...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rita, My good friend, Lucinda Blackwell, sent me your blog and told me to go look...Wow! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments you shared. That warms my heart on this cold summer day and I am so touched! My name is Lucinda Moller...and that chance meeting was a wonderful lark at Expo. This just makes it even more special. Thank you!
    lucindaaps@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, Lucinda!! I AM SO DELIGHTED you found this blog and the pictures of your incredible sewing artistry. We're looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete