Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ya Ya Expo Ideas!

I hope you had a wonderful Merry Christmas, folks! My December has been jam-packed with a visit to New York City, time spent with my sister Deborah and her girls, then a visit from Mary Mulari so we could work on our 2010 YA YA program...


This is Mary Mulari, visiting me in Iowa -- and we spent a day going on a "Christmas Mansion Tour". The only reason I'm posting this picture is so that I can show my OTHER pair of fabulous stretch velvet gloves from New York City...here's a close-up. Pretty amazing, eh?






Of course, Mary and I are always on the lookout for the next interesting, unique, YA YA idea. It's really the BEST part of our job. And it is always a pleasure to see something that a woman SEWED with love, probably as a gift, that is still being enjoyed many, many years later...

We both yelped with pleasure when we saw this beautiful redwork flat pillow sham. I LOVE THESE. And, as you know -- I have a big collection of vintage flat shams. Mary has an incredible vintage redwork set that I photographed for my book, "Dress Your Dream Bed". It was awesome to see a bed made up with one...it says "Good Night"...



And, hanging in the kitchen, one of Mary's favorite things -- an apron with a very interesting hand-appliqued scene...it makes you wonder about the woman who made it, and also the woman who wore it. Where they lived, what they enjoyed cooking....


This next photo might be a little hard to understand....but if I tell you it's a picture of a quilt??

Made out of LIVESTOCK RIBBONS won at county and state fairs? This was a first for BOTH Mary and I...

And -- THIS just might be in one of our future Ya Ya seminars. Can you see what it is? A beautiful "muff" -- with a zippered purse on the back! (puckered silk). AWESOME, eh??
During this busy holiday season -- I hope your family appreciates all you do for them. Women who sew are, very simply, the BEST. You are kind, caring, patient, loving, generous and thoughtful. You think of others first, and you are always looking for ways to continue GIVING. I know who you are. You are my grandmothers, my mother, my sisters, and my friends.

And I'd like to wish you a fabulous NEW YEAR. We're all looking forward to 2010 -- and WE'LL SEE YOU AT THE SHOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment