Monday, November 26, 2012

Another Big Announcement

If you read my personal blog over at Rita's Sew Fun -- you know that I was at the new Original Sewing & Quilt Expo in Tinley Park last week. I was delighted to be able to wear my newest, latest recycled t-shirt maxi dress (yes, I am still obsessed)...
I was there for a meeting with Rhonda Pierce of Schmetz Needles -- we had to talk about the new Schmetz Sew-cial Blogger Bootcamp. And right there in the lobby -- we ran into Emma Seabrook!!Of course, Emma is famous for her sewing-on-knit classes and I could hardly wait to shop in her booth.  WHERE DO YOU THINK I bought the fabric for the skirt of my new dress?  She always finds the most beautiful knits....

I wanted to see the Art Quilt show they had hanging in Tinley Park. Because our Quilter's Night Out speakers --- Laura and Frieda belong to the Chicago Art Quilter's...

The Art Quilter's had a special challenge for Tinely Park show...and the quilts were AMAZING. So full of spirit and whimsey.

Which brings me to my BIG ANNOUNCEMENT...about the 2013 Quilter's Night OUT...

It is with great pleasure that I am now able to tell you -- it's official -- the sponsor for the 2013 Quilter's Night OUT will be -- the Janome Sewing Machine Company.  Of course, since I already told you that in the November newsletter -- this may not be the big shocking surprise you were hoping for.  Hey -- it's hard for me to keep track of what you do and don't know, people.
Here's one of my latest chuckles from Pinterest...
Both Frieda and Laura do all their creative quilting on their Janome sewing machines -- and THEY KNOW ART QUILTS. If the Janome announcement isn't big news to you this morning -- how about this...
For the first time -- EMMA SEABROOK will be coming to Puyallup!! I AM SO EXCITED for you!! And for her! It's going to be a great show...

No comments:

Post a Comment