Monday, November 5, 2012

2013 Quilter's Night OUT

A BIG part of my job is traveling around the country, going to other shows, trying to find out what's new and who's hot....
Hey -- it's a tough job but SOMEBODY'S GOTTA DO IT...
Because, for one thing -- we are known for the BEST, MOST EXCITING, SPECIAL EVENTS in the sewing industry. It's one of the things that sets us apart from the other shows...we have a beautiful room -- the Expo Runway -- that accommodates an audience of 800+...and NOBODY does it better than we do...
I'm picking this random picture of Laura Mendoza and her Mom -- AND -- can you see one of my Sew Expo jackets?? I GAVE AWAY FOUR OF THEM last year...all with embroidery and the show logo that John Deere did for us in 2010...
Anyway -- back to my point.... OUR EVENING EVENTS ROCK THE ENTIRE TOWN...You end up talking about them for weeks and months after the show is over. Our evening events -- Friday Night LIVE and Quilter's Night OUT are high energy, entertaining, and in many cases -- life-altering.

Last year, right after the show --  here I was with Ricky Timms...
The way Ricky combined his music with his love of quilting -- and his ability to TELL A STORY...well -- it was an evening many of us will never forget.

And it was a thrill to share that night with so many of my sewing sisters...my REAL sisters -- Deborah and Ronda -- are still talking about that night. (our fake sister, Barb, probably is to, but I just haven't seen her since Sew Expo...she doesn't call, she doesn't write...)
Next week, I'll be making the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT about our 2013 Quilter's Night OUT. Once again, we search for NEW topics and NEW speakers...and we always LISTEN to what you say. Our audience. You are the BEST...and you are GONNA LOVE IT...

No comments:

Post a Comment