Monday, June 20, 2011

Technology Planning Meeting

When you think about it, technology has absolutely CHANGED THE WAY WE DO BUSINESS. Hey -- that's no surprise to YOU (cuz you are, after all, READING THIS ON A BLOG, ON YOUR COMPUTER...)

But during our May planning meeting -- it was evident from the first moment....here's Janet, hooked up to her computer...which, incidentally, looks exactly like my computer...

And, of course, our resident 'techie" -- Ann -- looking at her computer -- with her new I-Pad also set up and ready to do some advanced work for Expo...

Of course, WE ALL HAVE OUR CELLPHONES....and ya'll know I LIVE ON MY COMPUTER... Most of the time, if you send me an email, you get a reply before you have a chance to eat a Twinkie...

This is my FAVORITE techie shot of the day. As I was getting ready to play a PowerPoint of "possible new vendors" -- we have the camera working, but not my laptop. Janet is trying to fix it when I realize the two of us are up on the big screen...so I took a picture OF ME TAKING A PICTURE...how cool is that?


This is my FAVORITE PICTURE of the 2012 Planning Meeting. We worked really hard on this day...going over every single thing. We analyzed the 2011 show -- which was amazing...but, of course, we want to make 2012 even better. We need to figure out what went wrong with the mailing of the Registration Brochure last December....we want to improve our online registration system....and we need to deal with decreased attendance of the One-Needle classes...it would be great if we could improve our Sunday attendance...
SO -- WE HAVE COME UP WITH SOME new plans. We are excited about the new vendors who have applied to the show. There will be some new style show events, and a new Nooner show, and the IPCA is working up an event...and, believe it or not -- we've already hired our Friday Night LIVE and Quilter's Night Out speakers...

As soon as the contracts are signed -- I'll make the announcement...because I AM BURSTING TO TELL YOU. If you are on our "mailing list" -- there will be a first-class postcard sent out this summer, so that we can clean that list up. So -- if you aren't sure -- please go to the SewExpo website right now and SIGN UP...so that you will receive the 2012 Registration Brochure in the mail (in December)

Mark your calendars -- March 1-4, 2012...

SEE YOU THERE...

No comments:

Post a Comment