Monday, December 6, 2010

Bonash Announcement

This is a picture of me on the LAST DAY OF THE SHOW -- I'm in Deborah Justice's booth (Labours of Love) -- and I'm wearing my fabulous New York City Circle Vest...which would not have been possible without Bonash...


Here's a picture of the new Bonash booth at the 2010 Sewing & Stitchery Expo. The woman doing the demonstration is "Beryl" -- who has one of those fabulous English accents. I could listen to her talk all day long...

Of course -- I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THE NEW PRODUCTS at the show. Isn't that one of the best things about Expo?? I understand "007" bonding agent isn't a brand new product -- but it was certainly new to ME...Beryl shows how you can use it to mend a rip or a tear in any kind of fabric. And that's a GREAT thing, of course...


When Mary & I did our all BRAND NEW MIDWEST YA YA SISTERS ACT in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin -- Mary showed a fabulous new sweater "creature" -- and talked about how she used Bonash to bond the facial features. Unlike the usual iron-on products like stitch witchery, or ther-mo-web -- Bonash doesn't add any stiffness to the project.

When I made my NYC Circle Wrap (using two pieces of knit fabric) -- I knew I could NEVER sew a 50" circle, without having rippled edges. Besides, I wanted to FRINGE it -- remember? Bonash is a powder -- and I just sprinkled it between the two pieces of fabric (wrong sides together) -- the finished result was FABULOUS...

And -- HERE IT IS -- drumroll -- for the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo -- Mary Mulari will be hanging out in the BONASH BOOTH...

It is always exciting to see what new patterns and projects Mary is bringing to Expo. And this year -- you will find her IN THE BONASH BOOTH...

No comments:

Post a Comment