Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas at the Puyallup Fairgrounds

Dear Sew Expo Fans,

We are all busy ramping up for Christmas. Today is the day I hope to put the TREE up at my house...and the next 12 days are going to fly by.

Thanks to Laura M. -- I get to share a WAY different view of the Puyallup Fairgrounds -- and I thought her email and attached pictures would be a good way to say 'MERRY CHRISTMAS'...

From Laura...

Hi Rita
Attached are a few photos of the Puyallup Fairgrounds during the holidays. Sorry, the quality isn't better. But, nighttime and a cellphone camera.......:-) The event was the Victorian Country Christmas. This is a five-day event that has been at the fair for 24 years. It features vendors selling holiday items and gifts, entertainment at various stages throughout the day, and a Living Nativity show every evening. They use the Showplex, Expo Hall, and the Pavillion. The indoor photo is downstairs in the Pavillion. As you can see, they make the booths look like a 19th century village. All the vendors must wear period costumes. The outdoor photos are the common areas between the Pavillion and the Showplex.
Laura




(in a second email)

Another outdoor photo of the common area. The retail indoor photo is the Showplex. The other two are the Living Nativity set. It is located at the end of the Showplex where the ticket exchange would be. They curtain off the area for the show. I wish the pictures were better, but you get the idea.
Laura




THANKS, LAURA...

Because I live in Iowa -- and I have only ever been to the Fairgrounds during Sew Expo -- it was stunning for me to see pictures of it all decked out for Christmas. I would LOVE to attend the Victorian Country Christmas at Puyallup. Maybe next year, eh?

What did you buy, Laura?? THANK YOU for giving all of us such a unique different view of this place we love so much...it looks magical -- even without the sewing machines!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the photos. I actually didn't buy anything besides a mocha & a scone :-) I did look for a stuffed moose that needed to come home with me, but none spoke to me :-) The Victorian Country Christmas always starts the Wednesday after Thanksgiving and runs for five days. And, it is ALWAYS cold outside (by Puyallup standards).
    Laura in Puyallup

    Counting down the days until Expo and loving all the tidbits of info us CTAs are getting :-)

    ReplyDelete