Monday, July 18, 2011

Ricky Tims Comes To Town

Most of the time -- I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA what I will write about in this weekly blog post. But this week was a no-brainer. Today, I get to write about the fabulous Ricky Tims.
He was our special entertainment for the 2011 Quilter's Night Out. Here's a picture of Ricky, along with Becky Keck of Bernina (THANK-YOU, BERNINA)...and me. Ricky was about to put on his hat and begin the performance...

Of the 1200 pictures I have of the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo -- this is one of my favorites. London used her long distance lens to get this shot. Ricky is already lost in his music -- you can see the audience behind him. AND the other side of the audience is reflected in the mirrored piano. Wow...

It was THAT KIND of an evening...Ricky's music was haunting and unforgettable...

And his story-telling was world-class.

At the end of the evening, I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. AND THIS WEEK, I GET TO DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN. We all have the chance to see Ricky's concert this Friday night -- July 22, at the Waterfront convention center in Bettendorf, Iowa. And I am being joined by some of my family and friends. Sisters, cousins, sewing buddies.

Ricky is coming to Bettendorf, Iowa to do a 3 day quilting retreat with Alex Anderson and Libby Lehman.

It will be a very special event - and if you have any chance to attend Ricky's concert on Friday night -- JUST DO IT..!!

It will be an evening you will never forget...maybe I'll see you there.

And -- stay tuned -- because next month, I hope to announce who will be hosting the 2012 QUILTER'S NIGHT OUT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment