Monday, August 1, 2011

Zebra Book Journey

In 2009, we had a Sew Expo design contest. John Deere developed some embroidery designs -- and the projects were amazing. One of our favorites -- Sandra -- made this awesome umbrella. In this picture, with John Deere and Rhonda Pierce of Schmetz needles...receiving her prize...


Fast Forward. I got bit by the Zebra bug...and I was writing about it all the time. In 2010, Ann Sagawa gave me my favorite Zebra watch and a Zebra purse...and SHE had a zebra manicure!!

Last week, you heard about my Zebra ironing board cover from Judy & Chris -- the Ya Ya Stalkers...

The most amazing KARMA "zebra gift" story is about a zebra book I received at the 2011 Sewing & Stitchery Expo. I was rushing from one building to another (yes, I am capable of rushing -- in short spurts). Umbrella Sandra was in a class, and she surprised me with a zebra journal. PERFECT -- right?? Shockingly -- London actually took this picture at the MOMENT Sandra was giving me the zebra book. You can see the top of her head...I didn't even realize I HAD this picture...


Remember -- Sandra gave me the zebra book at the 2011 Sew Expo in Puyallup. I had no idea where Sandra lived. And she could have had no idea that I'd be using the Zebra book when I attended the 2011 Spring Quilt Market two months later -- in Salt Lake City...

Well -- guess what? Sandra LIVES IN Salt Lake City. And -- furthermore -- she CAME TO QUILT MARKET...

I was working in the Schmetz booth when Sandra came up to say "hello"...and I SHOWED HER THE ZEBRA BOOK...

Which had come full circle. Sandra bought it in Salt Lake City and took it with her to Puyallup to give to me. I took it back to Iowa, and two months later, it went with me to Salt Lake City. Back where it started. And, without even trying -- I bumped into the WOMAN WHO BOUGHT IT...right there in Salt Lake City...

I am telling you. It's the magic of the Zebra stripes...!! Karma is a wonderful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment